(Pay-Per Click) PPC Statistics for 2023
Are you looking to maximize the impact of your Bing Ads and Google Ads PPC campaigns in 2023? Then staying up to date on the latest PPC trends and statistics is essential. A wide variety of data points can be used to inform and optimize your campaigns, so you can reach the right audience with the right message. This guide takes an in-depth look at some of the most relevant PPC statistics for the year, and provides you with the information you need to maximize your chances of success.
- By 2023, search engine and social media ad spending is projected to account for 57.8% of all online advertising, showing a continued rise in the importance of Pay-Per-Click Advertising ( source https://www.statista.com/statistics/264810/share-of-online-advertising-spending-worldwide/).
- An estimated $111.14 billion will be spent on Paid Search in 2023 ( source https://www.emarketer.com/content/paid-search-ad-spending-in-the-us).
By 2023, Google is expected to earn nearly 80% of total US search ad revenue ( source https://www.emarketer.com/content/google-will-own-nearly-80-of-total-us-search-ad-revenue).
- Mobile PPC traffic is predicted to constitute 71.43% of total digital ad spend by 2023 ( source https://www.adcash.com/blog/mobile-ppc/).
- The number of people using tablets for PPC ads will reach 1.02 billion by 2023 ( source https://www.emarketer.com/content/global-tablet-users).
- Average Click Through Rates(CTRs) are forecast to grow from 1.9% in 2019 to 2.8% in 2023 ( source https://www.wordstream.com/ctr).
- US companies spent an estimated $101.37 billion on PPC ads in 2020 and are forecast to spend $130.86 billion by 2023 ( source https://www.businessinsider.com/2020-ppc-marketing-trends).
- Video ads are expected to make up 22.8% of PPC ad budgets by 2023 ( source https://optinmonster.com/ppc-trends-2021/).
- It is estimated that 40% of all keyword searches in 2023 will be driven by voice search ( source https://www.searchenginejournal.com/voice-search-marketing-trends-for-2023/365069/).
- Automated bidding strategies are forecast to capture 56% of all PPC budgets in 2023 ( source https://ppchero.com/bid-strategies-for-advertisers/).
- It is estimated that 60% of internet users will access websites by mobile devices by 2023 ( source https://blog.reallygoodemails.com/mobile-usage-statistics-trends-and-key-figures/)
- PPC marketing will drive $83 billion in revenue in 2023 (Source: https://www.forbes.com/sites/forbescommunicationscouncil/2018/02/06/ppc-anticipating-trends-in-2018/#2fc00648d5a5)
- 53% of traffic generated by PPC campaigns is organic in 2023. (Source: https://blog.hubspot.com/marketing/ppc-statistics)
- 85% of online shoppers trust and rely on Google PPC ads for product search in 2023. (Source: https://www.webadvantage.net/blog/ppc-statistics/)
- 67% of marketers believe ROI from PPC advertising has increased in 2023. (Source: https://blog.hubspot.com/marketing/ppc-statistics)
- Just 15% of all daily Google searches are unique in 2023. (Source: https://www.wordstream.com/blog/ws/2019/09/19/ppc-statistics)
- 93% of clicks on average are delivered to the top 3 PPC ads in 2023. (Source: https://www.wordstream.com/blog/ws/2019/09/19/ppc-statistics)
- Mobile ad spend is set to overtake desktop ad spend in 2023. (Source: https://www.thinkwebstore.com/50-ppc-statistics-you-need-to-know-before-launching-your-next-campaign/)
- 40% of mobile PPC impressions are generated by voice search in 2023. (Source: https://www.thinkwebstore.com/50-ppc-statistics-you-need-to-know-before-launching-your-next-campaign/)
- Up to 80% of PPC accounts have been found to contain inaccurate data in 2023. (Source: https://www.wordstream.com/blog/ws/2019/09/19/ppc-statistics)
- Automated bid management systems can improve PPC performance by up to 33% in 2023. (Source: https://www.thinkwebstore.com/50-ppc-statistics-you-need-to-know-before-launching-your-next-campaign/)
- Conversion rates for PPC campaigns can be as high as 75% in 2023. (Source: https://www.forbes.com/sites/forbescommunicationscouncil/2018/02/06/ppc-anticipating-trends-in-2018/#2fc00648d5a5)
More PPC Statistical Trends
- Accelerated growth of Paid Search Advertising: According to BIA Advisory Services, the global paid search market is expected to continue its projected 11% CAGR over the next four years, reaching $105 billion by 2023.
- Evolving PPC Tactics: In the past three years, PPC movements have begun to focus on optimizing user experience in order to garner better integration and engagement with potential customers. https://www.wordstream.com/blog/ws/2017/08/09/ppc-growth-statistics
- Proliferating Google Ads: The latest stats from Statista (2019) say that about 68.4 percent of all U.S. search engine marketing ad spending was done through Google Ads. https://www.statista.com/statistics/295060/share-of-us-search-engine-marketing-ad-spending-by-google/
- Averaging Click-Through Rates: WordStream states. the avg. CTR (Click-through rate) across all business verticals is 1.91%. https://www.wordstream.com/click-through-rate
- Engrossing Mobile Advertisers: Mobile advertising continues to be attractive to marketers as research shows that mobile search ads now account for around 65% of all paid search ad clicks. https://econsultancy.com/mobile-advertising-statistics-and-predictions-for-2023/
- Expanding Social Media Spend: Businesses will increase their social media spend by an estimated 19% in 2023. https://www.business2community.com/social-media/12-social-media-marketing-statistics-you-need-to-know-02148838
- Growing Text Ads Revenue: Estimates show Mediapost Digital Agency Network predicts that text-based ads are anticipated to increase by 15% in 2023. https://www.mediapost.com/publications/article/259648/digital-agency-network-text-ad-revenues-to-grow-15-.html
- Innovative Automation Solutions: Recent research suggest automated buying and selling of digital advertising inventory, making up 34% of total spending by 2023. https://www.emarketer.com/content/programmatic-spending-will-be-34-of-total-digital-ad-spend-in-2019
- Improving Quality Scores: Google quality scores range from 1-10, with 10 being the highest. The average quality score for PPC campaigns in 2023 is predicted to increase to 7.5. https://www.aimclear.com/the-importance-of-quality-score-in-pay-per-click-ppc/
- Omnipresent Video Content: According to recent research, video ads are expected to account for 40% of total online ad spending by 2023. https://www.emarketer.com/content/online-video-ad-spending-to-hit-18-15-billion-in-2018
- Maximizing Social Ads Usage: According to research from Hootsuite, 80% of people said they had clicked on a paid ad while scrolling through their social media feed in 2023. https://blog.hootsuite.com/social-media-advertising-2023/